Moving house, so they reckon, is one of the most stressful things we can do. Moving home can be stress free and a pleasure if you know how to go about it. The move is like any other project; it should be considered carefully and planned meticulously. It is not the desire to for a successful move that counts; It is the desire to plan for a successful move that matters.
With that in mind, here is how you can move home without becoming stressed. You will see how simple it is if you put your mind to it, keep calm, and put everything into perspective. Start browsing Punta Gorda Isles homes for sale with confidence now that you know the move will be a stress free after following this advice.
Plan by drawing a chart. Use a large piece of paper to create a timeline onto which you must detail every aspect of the move. Every item on the timeline must be given a start date, the expected time for completion, and a date when it must be complete. By doing this, you see a visual representation of how tasks overlap, which is often the cause of running short on time and causing stress. Your chart will enable you to enlist the help of family and friends where necessary, so that everything moves along smoothly. Here are some things that must be on your chart.
- Removals. It is best to use the services of a professional removal company. They will offer valuable advice on the move that they have gained from years of experience. Invite them round to your home to survey your belongings and give you a quote for the removal.
- Packing. Packing will take longer than you think. If you can afford it, the removal company will probably provide a packing service for you which will alleviate a great deal of stress.
- Utilities. It is vital that you find the telephone numbers of all your utility companies and make a note on your chart of when to call them, and the information they will need. Meter readings are all they usually require.
- Children. Where are your children going to be on the day of the move? Though they are trying to be helpful, children are usually a cause of stress on the day. Ask a relative or friend if your children can stay with them for a couple of days before the move so that you can get everything done without interruption. Collect them once your belongings are safely delivered to your new home.
- Pets. Pets should be removed from the situation until the project is over. There are kennels and catteries that understand the needs of people moving house and are only too happy to take in your beloved pet for a few days.
The move is not going to be easy and when the day comes your stomach will churn. Hold on to your nerve knowing that every tiny detail is listed on your chart, and you will soon be in your new home, feeling completely exhausted. You can be one of the few who find that moving home is easy, and be the envy of your friends who failed to plan in enough detail. So bring your children to their new home and have a well deserved drink. It is all worth it in the end.
credit: flickr image